REGISTER YOUR KID
Thinking about getting your child on a Southside team?
Registration is through our parent organization, Whatcom County Youth Soccer Association (WCYSA). By clicking on the Register button below you will be redirected to the Sports Connect webpage where you will need to create an account to complete registration.
There are 8 games per season, run on consecutive Saturdays
• Sept 9th - Oct 28th (Tentative)
• 8 games over 8 weeks
• Registration opens Jan 1 for spring registration and July 1 for fall registration.
• Teams will be formed by the Southside board 2-4 weeks prior to the season start.
• Player registrations will be accepted until the Friday before the first game.
• Southside makes every attempt to accept any registered player, however special requests and late additions may not be able to be accommodated within 1-2 weeks of the season start. We also do our best to keep veteran teams together - all other requests are processed by DATE OF REGISTRATION.
• Rosters are formed with a bias to keep previous team intact, however changes may occur season to season to balance teams and numbers as needed to manage the overall pool of players. The priority for Southside is always to maximize the number of players who have access to the program. While we do all we can to accommodate each family, not all preferences can be satisfied. Registering as early as possible gives us the best chance to proactively ensure any requests! We appreciate your understanding.
• Coaches will contact families one to two weeks prior to first game.
• Practices will start one to two weeks prior to first game, at discretion of coach.
• Practice times and locations are the discretion of the coach; conflicts with practice times should be managed through your coach.
• Uniforms will be made available to coaches for pick up the week prior to first game.
• Uniforms are returned at the end of the season, after the last game. Please ensure your player has a shirt to change into at that last game so their Southside jersey can be handed to your coach after the game.
*Scholarships available to cover registration fees and gear costs!
WHERE WE PLAY
We play our games at the Phillips 66 Soccer Park (formerly Northwest Soccer Park) located at the corner of Northwest Avenue and West Smith Road in Bellingham, WA. The soccer park has many fields of various sizes for the different ages so you’ll want to download a field map below.
If you’re interested in the official rules we follow, we encourage you to download the Whatcom County Youth Soccer Association Handbook.
Support your kid’s team with Southside Soccer shirts, hats and more. Note that these are leisure wear and not required uniforms for the kids. We will supply the uniforms before the season starts.