REGISTER YOUR KID
Thinking about getting your child on a Southside team?
Registration is through our parent organization, Whatcom County Youth Soccer Association (WCYSA). By clicking on the Register button below you will be redirected to the Sports Connect webpage where you will need to create an account to complete registration.
There are 8 games per season, run on consecutive Saturdays
• April 15th- June 10th (Tentative)
• 8 games over 8 weeks. One game per Saturday with two extra games on a Friday or Saturday evening
• Registration opens Jan 1
formed by Southside one month prior to first game.
• Player registrations will be accepted after this point as spaces/coaches are available.
• Additions are possible and encouraged; but may need to find more coaches…please volunteer!
• Southside makes every attempt to accept any registered player, however special requests and late additions may not be able to be accommodated the closer to the season start the late additions are requested.
• Rosters are formed with a bias to keep previous team intact, however changes may occur season to season to balance teams and numbers as needed to manage the overall pool of players. The priority for Southside is always to maximize the number of players who have access to the program, and special requests are then managed as able. While we do all we can to accommodate each family, not all preferences can be satisfied. Registering as early as possible gives us the best chance to proactively ensure any requests! We appreciate your understanding.
• Coaches will contact families two weeks prior to first game.
• Practices will start two weeks prior to first game, at discretion of coach.
• Practice times and locations are the discretion of the coach; conflicts with practice times should be manage thru your coach.
• Uniforms will be made available to coaches for pick up the week prior to first game.
• Uniforms are returned at the end of the season, after the last game. Please ensure your player has a shirt to change into at that last game so their Southside jersey can be handed to your coach after the game.
WHERE WE PLAY
We play our games at the Phillips 66 Soccer Park (formerly Northwest Soccer Park) located at the corner of Northwest Avenue and West Smith Road in Bellingham, WA. The soccer park has many fields of various sizes for the different ages so you’ll want to download a field map below.
If you’re interested in the official rules we follow, we encourage you to download the Whatcom County Youth Soccer Association Handbook.
Support your kid’s team with Southside Soccer shirts, hats and more. Note that these are leisure wear and not required uniforms for the kids. We will supply the uniforms before the season starts.